Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I am on the other side of the counter with the BM store I am trying to figure out what I could give our contractors for a Christmas gift. What would you guys think would be a neat thing to receive from your paint store ?

Tks,
Mark

www.benmoorestore.com

PS.... very nice site Nathan

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Mark said:
Now that I am on the other side of the counter with the BM store I am trying to figure out what I could give our contractors for a Christmas gift. What would you guys think would be a neat thing to receive from your paint store ?

Tks,
Mark

www.benmoorestore.com

gift certificates

prototype tools

I'm not a painter but I think those would be universal to any trade.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Mark said:
PS.... very nice site Nathan
-Thanks Mark!

How much are you wanting to invest in a Christmas Gift?

Also, how has the change from painter to paint shop owner been?

-Nathan

U

·
0 Posts
nwingate said:
-Thanks Mark!

How much are you wanting to invest in a Christmas Gift?

Also, how has the change from painter to paint shop owner been?

-Nathan
The change from painter to store owner has been a good one, although I miss painting quite a bit its been good to slow down some and not ache quite as badly each night. The hours are just as long but I find you can leave the business behind when you come home unlike contracting. I do like Grumpy's suggestion about proto-type tools and I am on a hunt now. I wanted to throw a big evening at the store for all the guys & gals but there is a lot of bad blood locally among the contractors and maybe before next year we can help patch some of it up. You have a great site Nathan, looks like a winner to me.

Tks,
Mark

www.benmoorestore.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Branded thermal stainless coffee mugs.....pretty cool and who can't use a shiny cup o' joe in the morning.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
That's a good idea. I love those mugs!

Do you serve your customers coffee in the mornings? Just wondering if you have something for them to put in the mug.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
nwingate said:

Do you serve your customers coffee in the mornings? Just wondering if you have something for them to put in the mug.
Speaking of which we received a proposal from a subcontractor for a project. They, of course, attached their full scope of work for the entire job. Within it there were 2 items - one was for providing doughnuts to every other coordination meeting and the other was excluding coffee from the same. We got a pretty good laugh out of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nwingate said:

We always have fresh Van Outte coffee on hand in the store for everyone.....some days we even have timbits. mmmmmmmmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts