Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Fathers - Stay and grow what we know already

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ryan,

Sounds like you have a lot of choices in front of you. I think the choice to leave your dads company may be two sided. He is right the business may suffer without you marketing it. On the other side of that is that you want to gain experience in other areas. Keep in mind that if you enter into a distributorship with a home automation company they will give you training in their systems. This would be a good alternative.

Marketing is a good area of study for pushing your business, but I would highly recommend construction management courses as well. These are business courses that concentrate on the area of construction.

I would not discount security, though the market is flooded with the ADT’s of the world. Remember, its not the initial install where you make your money in this market, it is the recurring revenue from the monitoring contract. If you buy a block of 100 numbers for 5 dollars a piece and sell them for 25-30 to your customers times 100 customers = 2000-2500 in recurring revenue per month. Just make sure you are willing to run calls 24/7. Work with other LV installers and companies to cover your calls while you are on vacation etc.

Good luck.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
I think this one is only for you to decide, have you had a serious sit down with the old man?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts