Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys heard anymore news on the corrosive Chinese drywall? I haven't heard anything in qutie a while. Just curious if there are any updates.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Since there are so many drywall manufacturers in China, it is probably made to the retailers specifications, so the retailer/distributor is responsible for the product. Just a case of a distributor looking for a cheap price with no guarantees or good specifications.

When they had a problem with the milk in kids formulas in China, they quickly (no appeals allowed) executed the executives of the company and sentenced others to life imprisonment (worse than death).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Have any of you guys heard anymore news on the corrosive Chinese drywall? I haven't heard anything in qutie a while. Just curious if there are any updates.
There is a class action international suit in the early forming. ENR magazine has been posting updates on the Chinese drywall issue regularly.

·
Interior Renovations
253 Posts
I dont know about their drywall but the last few skids of Chinese plywood we used had a ton of de-laminating issues.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The problem lies with the importer that has set low standards based on a low price from the Chinese manufacturer. The Chinese can make whatever you want or need with their American equipment and technology. They make the most violins in the world and also the best/most expensive - it all depends on what you (importer/distributor) wants. When they found substandard dairy products, the executives of the company were executed within 2 months - the lower executives were not so lucky since they were sentenced to life in prison.

Keep in mind is Buick is #1 or #2 in Buick's sales markets including the U.S. I think Mercedes and BMW are still both ahead of Buick in preference.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
those executions are window dressing, staged for the western world. Internally, China doesn't give a ****. If they really wanted to clean up their manufacturing they would put thousands in jail.

They make copies of everything, violating intellectual property rights, in government owned factories. Once in a while they will put on a show of crusing a bunch of cd's and dvd's while they, the government, continues to manufacture them.

We're the chumps, they walk away laughing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Chinese may copy all the crap, but N. Korea is duplicating American currency so well that most Sec. Service agents have a hard time telling it apart from the real thing. And how do they do this you might ask? Some clown sold them some "retired" U.S. Mint printing presses as scrap. THey reconditioned them and are flooding the market with bogs us bills....That's one reason the US is coming out with new crisp moolah bills....
The Chinese drywall issue wasn't about ash, it was about the kind of ash, that the ash was from coal burning operations and it wasn't scrubbed, so none of the Sulfur was taken out, when it gets damp, it creates sulfur dioxide which is what corrodes the pipes, wires, etc. - the rotten egg smell.... Just my 1.5 cents...too poor to give 2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts