Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Home remodeling
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm testing out the Chief Architect Premier program. one of the features I am wanting to use is the Manufactures catalogs, and primarily the kitchen cabinet catalogs. Has anyone used this feature, and if so are you able to bypass the K&B dealer and come up with your own material list for cabinets, crown, fillers . Tired of having to rely on these guys to spec cabinets for me. Then they don't want to give me a list of cabinets. their excuse is that they are providing free design work and don't want contractors to go shop their design at places that don't have design capabilities, but offer the cabinets for sale. I understand their concerns, but from a sales standpoint it is tough to sell something that without full knowledge of what you are selling. Nine times out of ten the design I get isn't rocket science and takes forever to get from them. If I can spec a particular manufacturers cabinets, then I can go wherever I want with my list of cabinets to get pricing. Don't know if this is really feasible in CAP. But would like to know.
thanks,
JHC

·
General Contractor
8,081 Posts
I'm testing out the Chief Architect Premier program. one of the features I am wanting to use is the Manufactures catalogs, and primarily the kitchen cabinet catalogs. Has anyone used this feature, and if so are you able to bypass the K&B dealer and come up with your own material list for cabinets, crown, fillers . Tired of having to rely on these guys to spec cabinets for me. Then they don't want to give me a list of cabinets. their excuse is that they are providing free design work and don't want contractors to go shop their design at places that don't have design capabilities, but offer the cabinets for sale. I understand their concerns, but from a sales standpoint it is tough to sell something that without full knowledge of what you are selling. Nine times out of ten the design I get isn't rocket science and takes forever to get from them. If I can spec a particular manufacturers cabinets, then I can go wherever I want with my list of cabinets to get pricing. Don't know if this is really feasible in CAP. But would like to know.
thanks,
JHC
I use it what ever I found free from the older version... some basic stuff you get it for free which comes with the program, others you have to pay for it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jhcontracting...

Ive been using Chief Architectur off and on for a while, and once I bought the program ( back in 08 ) I was able to download a manufactures cabinet product line no problem without having to pay any extra. Now that may have changed... But it was rather simple to do. CA is a great program, not cheap, but great. Like most things it takes some dedication to really use, as im sure you are finding out. But I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts