Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Chewys NZ Album

3967 Views 50 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  smalpierre
I thought you guys might find some of my pics interesting.

This kid walks around the mat with a magnet on a stick picking up the rebar ties that have been dropped.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
These are AFS walls, 2 sheets of hardies cement board which are sandwiched around steel stud type web, each panel is 1200x2400 and 200mm thick. The rebar is laid out for the walls then the slab poured and these are put over the rebar stub ups, then rebar is hammered down and across the panels. We run conduits and boxes in the walls then they are all sealed up and poured. They get plastered and become a finished wall. Intended to be faster than poured block walls.

Attachments

Reactions: Sir Mixalot
Were is the safety guy . No no on the shorts .
chewy said:
I thought you guys might find some of my pics interesting. This kid walks around the mat with a magnet on a stick picking up the rebar ties that have been dropped.
Most construction workers wear shorts year round here.
Were is the safety guy . No no on the shorts .
You pick up on the shorts but not the guy standing on top of the ladder right where it says "this is not a step"
Reactions: slowsol and Kniggit
One step at a time .
dom-mas said:
You pick up on the shorts but not the guy standing on top of the ladder right where it says "this is not a step"
Reactions: chewy
Give whoever is in charge of floor buffing a raise. He's outdone himself.
Reactions: dom-mas
Thats just finished concrete slab, not ground or anything. It was raining that day.
Give whoever is in charge of floor buffing a raise. He's outdone himself.
Subpanel.

Attachments

Changing signage.

Attachments

Thanks for sharing Chewy. :thumbup:
No problem, Ill update it every now and then.
Thanks for sharing Chewy. :thumbup:
Reactions: Sir Mixalot
Setting up a switch for a generator in a hospital, can switch between mains power, the generator you see and then theres a box outside for a temp genarator to hook up to.

Attachments

Crimping lugs.

Attachments

Main Distribution Board with generator feeds.

Attachments

Those shirts glow in the dark?:laughing:
Crimping lugs.
I was doing the gland plates today, 10mm aluminium and 3 pilot bits later with the wrist breaker. The foam is a great way to distribute the cutting oil imo.

Attachments

The foreman cashed in the scrap and the PM said we could go get hammered and the rest of the cash goes back to the office so Sol beer and big burgers on a balcony overlooking the "cuban quarter".

Attachments

WTF you guys drink Sol?
The foreman cashed in the scrap and the PM said we could go get hammered and the rest of the cash goes back to the office so Sol beer and big burgers on a balcony overlooking the "cuban quarter".
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.