Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to check if this bid is approx. to what others would put up.

I'm looking at an aluminum tear off and reinstall for a north and east facing side of a house. The owner doesn't want to replace the other two sides.

After adding up the space I got alum tear off at 7.4 sq. and wood tear at 1.3sq. The total siding install was 8.72. I added in for 1.3sq of backer board (for wood section), 7 window caps, and 2 doors (1 door, 1 garage). My total estimate was $3049.

I plugged my numbers into a program called contractestimator.com and they came up with $4000+. I'm now concerned that my bid is to low. What do you folks think?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got $3412 but I haven't seen the job and I dont know where you are and the going rate for your area. That # works for me but I dont know you O/H. I also can get it done for $2800 from my sub crew. There are to many variables to say it is a good # from us on the outside.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Most online estimators are absolute garnage IMO. They are just junk, most of 'em... especially the oens that are supposed to know everything. The only ones I've seen worth half a damn are the ones specifically designed for one specific process and those are few and far between.

Ok heres what I come up with: $3,555 plus extra for any soffit and fascia work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate your help in trying to hammer out a bid for this project. We will not be doing any soffit or fascia work. So what I ended up doing is adding in extra for the garage cap work. So that would be an additional $240. My total bid came out to: $ 3,207.44

Hopefully they will accept the bid (and the insurance company).

I really appreciate the help.

-Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts