Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends daughter and husband came home from out of town for three days.

The maggot staying with them didn't even take the dog out.

They pull in the driveway right behind child services and the cops.

Child services wants in the house because the same maggot called them when he found out the husband was throwing him out upon return.

They all open the door to find the maggots mess. (dog crap everywhere)

The caller (maggot) claims the 2 year old was being spanked.

The baby had bruses (find a 2 year old that doen't) so the child services worker yanked the child from his parents under the pretext of protection.

They don't spank thier kid. I know this.

The baby has to go to his grandpas.

Has are system gotten so bad that a child's welfare falls on the hands of a single service worker. What happens when that workers wrong like now.

We need a new catagory called home front.

Just thought i'd share some depressing news.

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Sorry to hear your story, I had something similar many years ago.
My daughter,4, went to the doctor for the regular stuff and she noticed brusies due to my 2 yr. old son biting her and had to report it. 6 months later Family Services shows up, at dinner time, thinking that they are in control of the situation. They threatened to call the cops and I grabbed the phone, dialed 911 and handed her the phone. She cancelled the call and left in a huff, never to be seen again.
The BIG question is 'what if we HAD been abusing our kids?'. 6 months? They could have easily been dead.
Today my kids are perfectly abnormal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually Bob, without hard proof of abuse, they can't do jack squat. At the very most they could do is have the child sent to a doctor to be checked out. That's about it. If they have removed the child. Then no doubt there is cause for not only suit against the c.ps. worker but deffinatly against the maggot for filing a false report. Something that is taken very seriously here in the state of Az. If it were here he could face up to 5 years in jail.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
yup, very serious indeed.
My 2 boys are five, and I have a hard time finding a place that DOESNT have a bruise. These kids are rough on each other, but I am not...well....kinda rough, but it's all in fun, can't let em grow up to be wimpy's :)

As a matter of fact, I know that it is just as serious to show extreme anger to kids just as it is serious to hit em other than a thumpin on the butt when all else fails. Calm is the key, but unfortunately being verbaly mean does not show up as a bruise.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Never hit children upon their faces as God has made better places.
I was able to raise my children as I was raised, punishment was swift. Location did not matter.
I understand that today is more difficult in many places (cities). Today it may be labeled 'child abuse'.
In this context, I'm all for 'child abuse'. When I watch the news I see all of the kids without 'child abuse' going to prison.
What is child abuse? Whacking them a few times for errent behavior or watching them go to jail because you didn't whack them at the appropriate time?
I used the 'board of education' passed on to me by my father most of the time and made due the rest of the time. My daughter graduates from Wellesley on the 28th of the month and my son has a contract with Columbia.
Both are against drugs and alcohol abuse, son none, daughter a little wine now and again. I think that the 'board of education' worked just fine.
I must add that being caring parents surpass corporal punishment and at times personal sacrifices must be made for them. I worked 8-5 and she worked 3-11, we had someone watch them over the swing hours, all four of them. In essence, they were provided with a parent most of the time.
Personal cost, yes, Worth it? Definitely!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Amen, Preach on brother Teetor. I never got the board of education, but I got the belt with the nickels on it. Though I never used the nickel belt, What was good enough for me was good enough for my kids. The oldest goes to the National Guard in 2 months. My youngest well, he's like me, he's a little slow when it comes to thinking about wether or not it's worth getting an @$$ whoopin. But all in all they're both good kids. They have the same rules I had, and the same chances for responsiblities I had.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
What we have to keep in mind, is that times change. Children are affected totally different than we were. If wackin on the butt with a sock with a roll of quarters worked for 90% of the families in the 70's, it doesn't really mean it will work for 90% of the families in the 2000's. I agree that there is a time a child may need a physical reminder that there is punishment worse than standing in a timeout, that's why I thump the butt with my hand when they get totally out of control, and I am lucky enough, that they tend to learn before it gets to that point. But the things kids are exposed to makes them different than us in the fact that they may react differently than we did if the spankin goes a bit too far.
I was wacked with a big blue brush that was always sitting on the bathtub ledge, I had no clue what the heck that brush was used for other than teaching me a lesson, but I turned out great. Although I would not go out and buy a big blue brush for my kids.
Times change, and as all things, it may just come full circle again....Timeout's are all the rage these days, but for how long....

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The whole deal is full of crap. The kids are very good to thier boy, and that beeauch sat there on the kid's couch with a smerk on her face as she told them she was pulling the child. I can still hear my girl friends daughter's shrilling cry. It tore her apart.

If I had it to do over again I'd tell the beeauch her car was on fire then lock her @$$ out. Hell I might even set the dam thing on fire. Wouldn't want to be a lair.

Bob

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I've talked with my wife to be about this in depth. I told her if my kids act up expect them to be whacked on the ass. She agrees. My father may have taken the punishment too far on a few occasions. I admit I deserved a few whacks but from time to time he got out of hand.

My mother used to hit me with big stew cooking spoons on the head. To this day this short tiny 5' woamn pulls out her soup spoon when I get out of line, and I do get out of line alot, and I instantly get right back in line. My mother can't wait till I get married to pass the spoon on to my wife.

I was a very troubled child, but in the end I straightened out really good. Abuse is bad but punishment is a must. Pain is a good motivator. When they are too young to understand why they shouldn't do something a whack on the ass is a good reason why not to do something... later on they will figure it out.

It's really too bad I live in an area where parents are arrested for this sort of thing. There is nothign wrong with discipline. One whack is not abuse. A man in my area went to jail for domestic violence for striking hsi child once. Once! His child was in her teens. He hit her for some reason, she called the police, he spent a mandatory 3 days in jail. Yes I said mandatory!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts