Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
I am going to get my balls busted big time here but i did this with my off-road truck one year so the wife and I wouldnt sweat to death driving to Vermont for the truck show :whistling. I put a 5k btu a/c unit between the seats with a hole cut out the back of the cab. I powered it with the 2k power invertor that now resides in my enclosed trailer. It didnt work too bad but i didnt have enough air flow to exchange the heat. It kept the truck reasonably cool, it was about 85-90 deg outside and i drove with the windows up and was comfortable. The a/c unit is now in our bedroom and i now tow my truck for any shows, the ole D-Max has very good a/c:thumbsup:.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I am going to get my balls busted big time here but i did this with my off-road truck one year so the wife and I wouldnt sweat to death driving to Vermont for the truck show :whistling.:thumbsup:.
Oh yeah.. I got that pic for you from that roadtrip... I like the AC relocation to the back window

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
:laughing: , it seemed like a good idea after a few beers :drink::drink: , at least i didnt sweat on that trip :sweatdrop:. The best part mine was mounted to the floor so no one could see it, part of the restricted air flow problem too.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
:laughing: , it seemed like a good idea after a few beers :drink::drink: , at least i didnt sweat on that trip :sweatdrop:. The best part mine was mounted to the floor so no one could see it, part of the restricted air flow problem too.

A little "*******" engeneering!!!!!:eek:

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
had a guy working for me who lived in his van. He added a vent to an old steel amo box to create a wood stove to heat the thing in the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts