Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call today from someone who needs the exterior side of the house excavated and seal the foundation because water is getting into his basement. He wanted me to quote the job and while i was there he wanted me to hang a sheet of drywall and tape for $30, plus he asked me if i could pick up the sheet at homedepot and that he would give me an extra $10. I explained to him that he was insane and that I'm not interested in driving all the way to his place and quoting on a job that i know for certain i would not get due to my price would be too high for him.

$40 is this guy on crack?

·
Banned
846 Posts
Incase you haven't heard the economy sucks and all contractors are desperate for any kind of work. You should have been on your knees thanking him for the $40 job.

·
Structural Engineer
513 Posts
I haven't drank that since I was 14. Man the good old days. Where were you born?
NJ. The first time I ever literally ended up wearing a lamp shade on my head was at a friends house, where we tapped into his father's half gallon bottle of Dewars. That's potent stuff to the uninitiated. I remember getting lost behind his couch and end table, and my friends having to get me home. I was 16, and when I got home, I walked in and saw my folks had the neighbors over. I walked straight up the stairs to the 2nd floor to my room. Unfortunately I missed the top step, and fell down the entire flight of stairs, and landed in a heap at the bottom, flat on my back, laughing my butt off.

As an adult with kids, I'm much more reserved and responsible. I put ice in my Dewars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.