Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a ductwork insulation project and the homeowner asked me to look at a faulty register in his kitchen. It is a small (less than 1,000 square ft) house and the kitchen is one of the smallest I have ever seen outside of a studio apartment. The problem is this register is right in the center of the "kitchen" and so it gets stepped on constantly. Seriously, the kitchen space between the oven and opposite counter is around 3 feet. There is a regular, white painted 4" x 10" metal register there now which he says he bought a month ago and a few louvers are already rusted and broken. He said he has to constantly replace them and has tried every version he could find at Home Depot and Lowes and none of them last more than a few months. Well, after looking online, I haven't really found any better options for him. With it being a couple feet away from the kitchen sink, I don't foresee any regular steel or wood registers lasting very long. I am trying to find a white painted stainless steel register but to no avail. Outside of custom making one for him out of stainless sheet, are any of you aware of other options?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Get a can of coil coat. Spray the register before installing it, and let it dry. Shouldn't have any rust problems after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts