Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JimmyS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. We put these IKO shingles on for a good customer in '95. We just tore off 6 square of it in preparing for a solar PV install. Now I find we can't get any more - discontinued. It's one whole plane of a roof so it doesn't have to match perfect but that would be best of course.
Anyone know of any old stock somewhere? Or a good substitute? The red color in these shingles seems to be rare. They're 30 year architecturals. I did find 2 square about 50 miles from here, western Mass. Thanks
Jim

·
JimmyS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

Last try - anyone have a suggestion for an arch. shingle with red over gray to substitute for the discontinued Chapel Slate? I just can't seem to find 6 square. Thanks, Jim

·
JimmyS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nuttin

They haven't responded to emails, maybe I'll try to phone. I've been trying dealers, but you're right, it's time to dig deeper. Thanks

·
JimmyS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup

IKO came through with some NOS from a warehouse in Canada. Not identical but close enough. Thanks Gene!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.