Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to take a job that's a two hour drive away. Evening return trip could be 2 1/2 hrs depending on traffic. I'm charging the HO 2hrs travel time on top of the usual 8 hr day. I've done this before and always thought this to be a fair charge. What do you think?

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
At 2 hours away you should be billing per diem for hotel and meals. I usually figure $ 100.00 per day per man based on 2 guys in a room together.

Keep in mind I find a Motel 6, cost $ 49.00 per night 2 guys, give them $ 20.00 each for food and you have a profit to cover some beers

·
General Contractor
8,192 Posts
Absolutely, that is a big overhead cost, and if overlooked, it will eat up a huge amount of your profit especially if you have a helper or two :thumbsup:

At 2 hours away you should be billing per diem for hotel and meals. I usually figure $ 100.00 per day per man based on 2 guys in a room together.

Keep in mind I find a Motel 6, cost $ 49.00 per night 2 guys, give them $ 20.00 each for food and you have a profit to cover some beers

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts

I get 35 a day per diam, and a hotel. I work 3 hours away, no pay for travel time.

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
I'm probably going to take a job that's a two hour drive away. Evening return trip could be 2 1/2 hrs depending on traffic. I'm charging the HO 2hrs travel time on top of the usual 8 hr day. I've done this before and always thought this to be a fair charge. What do you think?
Heavy traffic
Construction barrels
Road ragers
Accident delay ahead
Flat tire

I dunno.....................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.