Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys ever charge for a test blast? We are set up primarily for in shop blasting so to put everything on the truck is kind of a pain.
The GC working on this job asked what we would charge for a test blast so I figured why not? The job is to remove some black discoloration on a stone facade house. It shouldn't be more than $1000 job. Thoughts?

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
There were quite a few black spots on the stone wall I just worked on. The black wouldn't lighten from medium glass. I would have had to ware down the surface of the rock and use a ton of glass. Who knows if your is the same.

Here is one way to handle the test you might consider. You can come and test early on a given day. If the test shows promis you will have media with you and you can begin the job right away. If they won't do that then they are just taking your time from you to see if they should rent equipment and do it them selves maybe. I'm sure they will have many delay excuses for why they can't start yet. I would say you will be glad to do the test later then when they actually are ready to blast the stone.

Depends how much free time you have .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts