Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have left the job and forgot you had batteries charging ?

Next time try hanging something on your steering wheel or blue tape on it.
Sometimes when away from truck I'll set keys on top of batteries while charging.

Couple weeks ago my reminder saved me.

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Windshield Glass

Room Floor Gas stove Home appliance Flooring

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,348 Posts
Left my 2P10 and activator at a house. Going back today, hope it's there.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
How many of you have left the job and forgot you had batteries charging ?

Next time try hanging something on your steering wheel or blue tape on it.
Sometimes when away from truck I'll set keys on top of batteries while charging.

Couple weeks ago my reminder saved me.

View attachment 109434

View attachment 109435
That edge lock tape is lousy. At least you found a good use for it.

·
Registered
Custom
13,957 Posts
Only thing is, now you have three things to remember... putting on the tape, then getting the charger, then remembering to remove the tape so you don't freak out in the morning second-guessing yourself whether you left it or not... :whistling

You trying to add to my stress?... :laughing:

JK... good idea...

Another idea is to buy another battery, and keep them on rotation...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
At my "farm", I keep a number of chargers and batteries in the FEMA trailer I use for housing when I'm there. I was afraid I would go off and leave one (or more) on charge, so I built a charging station with a spring wound 2 HR timer.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,348 Posts
Got my 2P10 back.

Thank goodness.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
If I don't want to forget something I put my keys on it. That way I cannot leave.
I do the same thing.

But one time I was working at a house that I didn't have a key to. The HO let me in in the morning and I was just going to lock the man door and run out the garage door when I left.

Well I left my truck keys on my charger, and locked the front door. Thank god for those safety sensors on garage doors. As the garage door was just about closed I remembered my keys! I had to do a barrel roll under the door to get back in:laughing:

Dave

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I do the same thing.

But one time I was working at a house that I didn't have a key to. The HO let me in in the morning and I was just going to lock the man door and run out the garage door when I left.

Well I left my truck keys on my charger, and locked the front door. Thank god for those safety sensors on garage doors. As the garage door was just about closed I remembered my keys! I had to do a barrel roll under the door to get back in:laughing:

Dave
I did the same thing but managed to break in the side door with a putty knife. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The purpose of this thread was to point out that we think we can remember things, I fail miserably in that department.

In fact, I've forgotten batteries behind only twice in the last few yrs. Both times I failed to immediately put a reminder of some sort. :no:

One customer it was plugged in right in main hall of house............Full view...........You think they could have called me?:blink: Was back there a few weeks later, still plugged in, never touched. :eek:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
We work out doors exclusively. What I do is put the drill case on the drivers seat of my truck so I can't leave without a reminder.

I would NEVER put my keys with the charger--- that's just asking for the keys to get knocked into the bushes, pachysandra etc. and lost.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.