Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
BI: What's this extra 50' of stem wall here on the drawing?
GC: Oh that. That's for the wife's flower garden, whenever she gets to it.
BI: Hmmmm...........

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
9' x ~43' = 387 sq. ft. with out second bump to plan NE corner.

387 x 200.00 $ per foot= 77,400.00$ added to value of Plan A, for permit value of plan B, plus all the sunk costs spent on Plan A?

If you spend 2 million on building a 1 million $ house, the local authority wants 2 mil worth of permits......

You might even need a demo permit if you're tearing down parts of plan A.......enjoy.

Some sort of unskilled money laundering?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was the pm for a large commercial finishout in miami. Had a serious falling out with the AoR during the design phase, a really protracted process. The day the permit was issued we fired him and hired a new architect. Had to pay him for all work to date, and had to get him to sign a paper agreeing to be removed from the project. City had to approve the change. Fortunately the new architect typically used the same engineers, so that went smoothly. The new architect had to add their stamp to all the A-drawings.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Interesting asymmetrical mullions on the large windows. Looks nice, but I don’t care for the front door and window above not centered in the space.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Interesting asymmetrical mullions on the large windows. Looks nice, but I don’t care for the front door and window above not centered in the space.
I see what you're saying.

We build super modern, I'll post a pictures when I have the remainder of the exterior finishes done!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is that wood and metal siding? That looks nice. Will the garage doors really be glass panels? Wouldnt work for my garage.
It actually metal siding printed with woodgrain patterns. I'm not sure how popular it is in the US but it is really popular up here. It's crazy expensive. Here's a house I just finished with a similar product. The colour of it changes so drastically depending on weather/light as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I’m familiar with those printed panels, we evaluated them for commercial building exteriors. Very popular in Australia. Most are made in Japan, but one brand did open a factory in Georgia. We didn’t go with that concept so i have no actual experience.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I’m familiar with those printed panels, we evaluated them for commercial building exteriors. Very popular in Australia. Most are made in Japan, but one brand did open a factory in Georgia. We didn’t go with that concept so i have no actual experience.
You had asked about the garage door, it's getting installed right now so I'll send you some pictures. I picked clear glass because it gives someone the option to either smoke/tint it black after or they can fog it. I would have had to pay for the tinting or fogging anyways from factory so I'd rather give people the option.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here's the garage door.
And with my luck, the siding guy ordered incorrect trims and I'm stuck waiting 3 weeks for new stuff to come in.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts