Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I don't use Google Analytics, nor do I understand online SEO. I am not affiliated in any way with the author of this video.

I understand that this is a "marketing" video geared to get you to buy their service, but is what they are saying in the video about what Google is now doing true?

http://content.noblesamurai.com/rank-tracker-samurai-special-offer/

·
Registered
11,551 Posts
I only watched as much as I could tolerate, since it's so darned important to him to convince you to "watch it" and "watch to the end".

But I would expect the basic premise to be true.

I have a buddy who's big into those analytics and adjusted his Google marketing accordingly. On a separate note, I once was shopping his website when he called me about the products I was viewing as I was doing it! Freaked me out. He figured it was me based on my IP. That was several years ago, too, and I was not a member of his site with cookies or any of that.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Yes google stopped showing data supposedly from users who are logging in to a google account, although the spike in data being withheld is pretty drastic.

Ive been tempted to switch phones to maybe the windows phone just to get off the google treadmill.

The video is ok but doesnt take much into account for local search results for local businesses. I see a top 5 most searched for my places page. Suits me enough but for an ecomm site it would be a problem for sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, it's true. Google is now obscuring KW data, which has changed the game entirely for SEO. He offers a cool little trick for finding and exporting a year's worth of KW data before it's gone forever. And then he goes on to sell the sh*t out of his tool. Frankly, the tool looks like it would be quite useful for those of us who do this stuff for a living but that's not an endorsement.

(If you're interested in watching the details without slogging through the whole video, right click on the vid, click "copy video URL" and paste it into a new window. It'll open in YouTube and you can skip to the meat which is between 6:00 and 8:30)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts