·
Kowboy
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I turned this:
IMG_1103.jpeg

Into this:
IMG_1105.jpeg

In 5 hours yesterday, but CT's sister site, Plumbing Zone, won't allow this licensed plumber on their site.

No member(s) of Plumbing Zone can drop that sink, cut, profile, polish the stone, hang the sink (with perfect reveals), connect the plumbing (new disposal and faucet), load the truck, collect, without dust or mess, not with 20 guys on site, in 5 hours.

·
Registered
Custom
12,727 Posts
Looks very nice, and not bad at all for 5 hours, but in all fairness (exceptions to every rule) a plumber is not generally a countertop fabricator, whereas countertop fabricators routinely do disconnect/reconnects/minor hook-ups as an extended part of their service because it gets them in and out quicker to get paid...

What matters is, did you charge extra for the plumbing part? ;)

That said, is there a reason you can't sign up at the other site? Are they qualifying you in some way?

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,391 Posts
Saying it can be done in that amount of time cuts into their milking time. 🤣 Looks nice

·
Kowboy
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That said, is there a reason you can't sign up at the other site? Are they qualifying you in some way?
KAP:

I did sign up and made a link to my website in my introduction figuring that would best explain what I do. An a$$hole moderator accused me of spamming and of not being a licensed plumber. Had the prick done the least due diligence, he would have known how wrong he was; it's public information (CFC1430430). I let Cricket know I was due an apology and reinstatement, but haven't heard anything.

I can understand being vigilant against wanna-bees an DIYers, but they better put this joker on a shorter leash before he alienates more potential members who obviously have a good contributions to make.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,233 Posts
Count your blessings.

PlumbingZone is a dying hellhole, not worth the data it consumes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
In 5 hours yesterday, but CT's sister site, Plumbing Zone, won't allow this licensed plumber on their site.

No member(s) of Plumbing Zone can drop that sink, cut, profile, polish the stone, hang the sink (with perfect reveals), connect the plumbing (new disposal and faucet), load the truck, collect, without dust or mess, not with 20 guys on site, in 5 hours.
I think because you can do that and your average plumber can't, your work is better appreciated here. Nice job.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Kowboy ... go over to the DIY site and look for a discussion in “concrete stone & masonry” titled “can i (or a pro) cut this counter top) ... it‘s screaming out your name.

·
Eater of sins.
4,405 Posts
Jeez man, I would compliment you for good work but it seems you have complimented yourself more than I could.

I like you man, I really do but I think it would behoove you to allow others to sing your praises, as it were rather than yourself.

I mean, yes, I may be a genius of Newtonian proportions and dynamically handsome and nearly perfect in every conceivable way but I don't go throwing it in everyone's face.

Well, not all the time anyway.

Andy.

·
90%-er
1,300 Posts
Jeez man, I would compliment you for good work but it seems you have complimented yourself more than I could.

I like you man, I really do but I think it would behoove you to allow others to sing your praises, as it were rather than yourself.

I mean, yes, I may be a genius of Newtonian proportions and dynamically handsome and nearly perfect in every conceivable way but I don't go throwing it in everyone's face.

Andy.
The other day, my eleven year old daughter got off the school bus, telling me about some kid on her ride that was bragging about how rich he was because his parents had bought him an expensive new hat of some kind or another.

I replied to her, "Lucy, people who ACTUALLY have money do not need to brag about it for you to know it"

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Artist and not a curator
11,336 Posts

Andy.
We're a dying breed my friend. I love your humility about "nearly perfect". You could have told everyone just how far above them you are but you are a man of the people. Love it.

·
Kowboy
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SA:

I see your point, but I think you're mistaking my intentions. My "bragging" was to educate readers as to what to look for in a quality sink replacement. I had to show the quality of my work to make my point that PZ is screwing its members by not allowing my participation.

You don't have to search far for my posts about my screw-ups. In fact, I'm going to go so far as to say I lead the board in posting same. Dropped a router and put 4 small dents a $600.00 replacement sink yesterday, but the refinish and grate made them inconspicuous. Don't worry, I'll keep them coming.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
I never brag.

Telling the truth isn't bragging.

Having to order a double sized porta john just to take a leak isn't bragging.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts