Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some advice on a business and professional level.

Six years ago I recommended a professional painter to a homeowner because I couldn't get to it in the time frame that was needed. He was supposed to paint all of the trim. The house gets power washed once a year. It is exposed to all sorts of weather and is on the water.
The house is getting ready to be put on the market. I am in the process of replacing all of the backband between the cedar shake shingles and composite board around the windows which is made of pine and rotting. In the process of this I have found that all of the composite board on the house is chalking. Can I clean it? Should I paint it? In which case I have to go to the homeowner and ask for more money. Should I leave it alone? If I paint it then a non maintenance product becomes one that needs maintenance. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Nothing is maintenance free. If it's rotting how will paint and/or cleaning fix it?

Pretty sad a so called maintenance free product is rotting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry if I was confusing. I am replacing pine backband that is rotting. It is a small bead that is sandwiched in between composite board that is running the around the window and the cedar shake shingles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts