Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I use the belle mini mixer from Home Depot, no complaints, great for smaller jobs but currently getting into larger projects.
What type of mixer do you guys currently use?
Any pics would be great.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I have a stow and keep them 2 or 3 years and sell them on craigslist while they are worth something. If I can get 800-1200 for the mixer im doing good, then ill just buy a new one.

I have one of the electric mixers and they are good for winter work but you cant make any money with one of them.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've been using Crown mixers with Honda motors for several years now. I wouldn't want to use anything else , I love them.

This is the one I bought last year, and I have another that's a little bigger. I'm down to two now. I had one stolen , and one of my guys flipped another one down the road.

Attachments

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I've been using Crown mixers with Honda motors for several years now. I wouldn't want to use anything else , I love them.

This is the one I bought last year, and I have another that's a little bigger. I'm down to two now. I had one stolen , and one of my guys flipped another one down the road.
I bet it was that clean for less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do think is better the barrel or drum? Back in Ireland we only used drums but here I only ever see the barrel like brickhooks

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Many moons ago,every mason wanted an Anchor mixer (no longer made) I have several Essick mixers (no longer made):censored:

When those go out I will rebuild them. Already checked out parts / bearings. A co. called Motion Industries has almost any bearing under the sun. The engines are Wisconsin engines,a real work horse,have roller bearing main bearings !

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Not sure why you would mix cement. I have an old Montgomery Wards mixer I use occasionally to mix concrete or mortar. I have even used it with gravel to clean railroad spikes. But I never use it to mix cement.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
.....during that time he had several guys making mud, and one or two of them wouldn't make mud like the others. So he had the box made.

·
Smarter than the brick...
298 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts