• Other

Votes: 7 11.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
nwingate said:
What cell phone carrier do you use?
I've had AT&T, Nextel, and now Cingular. Cingular so far has been pretty good. One thing that most people don't know is bad rections isn't always your service provider and is sometimes a crappy phone.

Nextel was the worst experience I've ever had. I lost so many sales because it would hang up on me in the middle of a crucial point and I wouldnt be able to call the customer back and they would almost always think I hung up on them (I've no idea why they would think that, but they did).

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Up here in Alaska, AT&T alascom works the best, but I HATE AT&T customer service. Down in Oregon I had verizon, and the prices were good, service was excellent, and my wife and I had unlimited mobile to mobile minutes, which is good AND bad :)

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Florcraft said:
Up here in Alaska, AT&T alascom works the best, but I HATE AT&T customer service. Down in Oregon I had verizon, and the prices were good, service was excellent, and my wife and I had unlimited mobile to mobile minutes, which is good AND bad :)
We pay a $10 surcharge per month for the unlimited mobile to mobile, but it's well worth it when you drive 100 miles a day like I do and you need conversation to keep you sane.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I've worked for myself and used Verizon.. neutral. I am currently working for a 2 billion dollar annual GC and all we use is Nextel.
I guess the one thing that is a constant with cell phone providers is that they are all quirky depending on where in the country you are. One is good here and sucks over there.

G

·
I went with sprint

I got a great rep who hooked me up 2000min mobile to moblie 7pm night weekends. Better deals on phones and plans than anyone, even the radio shacks and corporate stores. I had one problem with a customer service person once, but the rep who signed me up got it straight quick. I'm all smiles

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Its............... ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I am with Tmobile and have been for years with a couple of problems, but that is expected with any carrier.

·
Painter
969 Posts
I was with nextel, then dropped them and went with alltel. So far I'm very happy with the service and haven't dropped a call yet. With nextel I was constantly dropping calls.

·
Painter
969 Posts
I still had 2 years for my contract with nextel and found a loophole and got out of it for nothing. If I didn't find that they wanted to charge me 300 bucks

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
Wow, this is an old thread, still shows Cingular!!!

I've been happy with Nextel, doesn't work in the hills all the time, but then again my guys have...Metro...Verizon...AT&T...and they don't work in the areas either.

Am looking to flip to Sprint since the walkie talkie is seldom used now

·
Professional Remodeler
2,289 Posts
Been with what is now AT&T for over 17 years. (was Cingular, before that, SBC Ameritech, before that Ameritech, Before that Cellular One, before that, can't remember)

Until recently, they have been the only ones that had the coverage throughout Michigan of the places I go to work. The rest were sporadic hare and there so for me there was no other alternative, at least until recently. But as I look over the pricing and plans, they are generally real close to what I am paying now.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I was one month from contract completion, switched carriers and they nailed me with early termination fee $400. They can rot in hell.
Not sure I understand you - you didn't fulfill the contract, they charged you as per the contract, now you're pissed and they can "rot in hell?" Because they did what they told you they were gonna do?

Sounds like whining to me. If you're already 1 year and 11 months into it, why not just wait the extra month and skip the term. fee?

Mac

1 - 20 of 26 Posts