Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sprint just bought Nextel... and I'm wondering if anybody has Sprint and you're thoughts on their phones and service?!

I currently have Nextel and I wonder if things will get better with the addition of Sprint. In my opinion, the best thing about Nextel is the direct connect! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I've had Sprint for I-don't-know-how-many-years now, no complaints whatsoever.

I pay 30-some bucks a month for 300 minutes which I never even come close to, - - and there's never any additional 'hidden' charges.

I'm hopin' that don't change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use sprint and nextel, the nextel phone service sucks in the Kansas City area too, although the direct connect is great for business. Soon you will be able to get sprint/nextel phones with intergrated direct connect, so I would wait for that to take place. I average about 2000 min. a month on two sprint phones and my bill is around $120.00 for the family share plan deal, for the nextel about $300.00 a month that the boss pays, dont know how many minutes used, nor do I care, as he is the one that keeps me on the phone all day long.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ddm said:
Soon you will be able to get sprint/nextel phones with intergrated direct connect, so I would wait for that to take place.
Not so, they use two different types of systems and different types of phones. Nextel: iden, Sprint: can't remember. But at this point there are no plans to integrate the 2 systems because they are not remotely the same, too many customers would have to change and very costly.

Pat

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Nextel's service s#cks around here also..I only keep them for the direct connect. However someone was telling me that Verizon also has some type of direct connect. I hope that Sprint puts it in their phones and then we could have the best of both!

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Tom R said:
I've had Sprint for I-don't-know-how-many-years now, no complaints whatsoever.

I pay 30-some bucks a month for 300 minutes which I never even come close to, - - and there's never any additional 'hidden' charges.

I'm hopin' that don't change.
Me too on all points
Actual coverage is better than most around here (very few dead zones)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got nextel for the next 1.8 months. Question anybody know how I can increase my signal on my i730? When I use my phone the person talking to me sounds like there slurring.

·
Registered
197 Posts
plumguy said:
Yeah, Nextel's service s#cks around here also..I only keep them for the direct connect. However someone was telling me that Verizon also has some type of direct connect. I hope that Sprint puts it in their phones and then we could have the best of both!
Other carriers are now using direct connect, too, but you can't direct connect with the other carriers. Nextel to Nextel, Verizon to Verizon ...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Around this area US Cellular is the only place to go for a good minute package with actual area coverage the average contractor type can use, Sprint, Verizon, and Nextel have cool gadgets but I dont like the fact I'd get charged roaming in certain areas only 5 minutes from my home :eek: Around here the area they have are so cut up and blotchey it's terrible, pluys the guys I talk to around here get terrible recepition.

US Cellular kind of has the market cornered for coverage, I can go 5 hr any direction and still be local which is a HUGE plus with racing going on during the summer, just wish they had the direct connect...have thought many times about switching over, but plan package/coverage just wont allow it. Currently set-up on 1200min/month program and exceed that once in awhile then also have family plan costs us $80/month.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Funny you should mention it but I just got my new Nextel phone today. I love it.

A friend of mine bought one for his 84 year old dad who checks in with him every day. Not to mention the countless friends he has on the same system. The walkie-Talkie feature is outstanding!

If your reception is bad, just you wait. The push-to-talk feature of Nextel is a must have here in the Southeast. Not to mention affordable Nationwide and International accessability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts