paper hanger,painter
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately
85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she
pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the
motorcycle. The riders reaction time was not sufficient
enough to avoid this accident.. The car had two passengers
and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact
and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.
All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were
killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at
the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety
Department.

Attachments

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,300 Posts
Well there ya go. Insurance company statistics show that red cars are involved in more accidents than those of any other color.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
If the guy wasn't speeding, none of this would of happened. It's all on perspective, ya' see? Oh, BTW, if they had some heavy duty American metal between them, things might have turned out better. Buy American.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's getting to be a serious problem,had a woman last week come within a foot, of hitting me head on. Four lanes of traffic two east, two west,no median ,no center turn lane.

I was in left lane ,east bound , with cars to my right ,she was in her left lane ,west bound, cars on her right. About a hundred yards from her I noticed her easing into my lane, at 50 yrds she was almost halfway in my lane.

Laid down on the horn,when she finally noticed she jerked the van back into her lane , she was trying to dial her phone ,or texting not sure wich,
and she looked at me like it was my fault. Fortunatly niether one of us was
probably going over 40 to 45 mi per hr.

I was in my work truck , but I imagine ,like a lot of people on here, I
also ride two wheels, sometimes we just have to realize there are more people on the road than just ourselves.

What it boils down to, is if you're going to use you're cell phone while driving, pay attention to the road,because we all do it, and if you can't then dont.

Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Talking, texting, etc should be illegal wile driving. It's not that everyone can't do it, but ....everyone does it. How does the law separate someone that is responsible with multitasking and someone that doesn't have the mental capacity to chew gum and walk?

·
paper hanger,painter
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talking, texting, etc should be illegal wile driving. It's not that everyone can't do it, but ....everyone does it. How does the law separate someone that is responsible with multitasking and someone that doesn't have the mental capacity to chew gum and walk?
Unfortunatly,I think there are more of the later out there:blink:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Don't biatch about them. You guys or should I say, us guys are the worst drivers in work trucks, I've ever seen. Get in a big truck and you think you own the road. I've been passed by guys in their work trucks with their logos on them, hauling huge trailers going 85-90, weaving all over the road. If they had to brake for anything, they wouldn't be able to.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Majority of people are bad drivers because they dont pay attention or dont think all the rules apply to them. Earlier this year a guy slowed down enough to make it look like he was going to stop at the stop sign but instead kept going right into the front left of my motorcycle. Happened on the street right from my house. Seems like people are always too busy doing something else other than driving.

·
Shiloe
27 Posts
The car is my best time to catch up on phone calls, but I was reluctant to get the hands-free headset. When they made driving and talking on the phone without one illegal in CA, I got one. I have the old school plug-in telemarketer type, but I gotta tell you, I'm a lot more comfortable having both hands available. Just one less thing to thing about.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
My wife gets mad at me if I don't pick up the phone when she calls me while I'm driving. I don't use it while driving. She asked "What if I'm in an accident and need you?" I replied with "You're screwed".

Needless to say, that was the start of a long weekend.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
I used to talk on the phone while driving, but then I got an iphone. With that big screen, it's much easier to text.

In fact, I'm on my way to work right now.

OH :censored: !! I just ran a red light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts