Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace the ceiling in my florida room and am looking for something different. So far the considerations have been; beadboard & crown, T&G, knockdown (yuck!) or going back to stomp (also yuck).
I'm looking for something really different like gluing shells to the ceiling (which I just thought of ).

·
Registered
50 Posts
What about a sort of bamboo "weave" like gets done on a lot of exotic tropical homes, like those in the Phillipines and that area? This book has tons of photos of some absolutely stunning places.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BigE, we have thought about bamboo in many sizes, they also roll out the big stuff into a mat. Haven't seen anything really great though.
Rich, we both got away from drugs long ago. Might have been a cool idea in the 60's with some black lights while watching a TV channel with no signal but not cutting it today. If you happen to have some blotter, we could discuss it. LOL

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Pro, I'm looking for original ideas, not 19th century revisited. All of that has been considered.
I had an idea for a ceiling of nothing but rifles, Ol#2 shot it down. LOL She's a Yankee and from the wrong side of the tracks, too civilised.
I suggested gluing seashells to the ceiling with a clearcoat to bring out the colors. Voted down again.
She's from Rhode Island. Do small states breed small minds?

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I'd ask you the same things I would ask a customer-

Have you established a budget? Are you thinking of spending $1000 or $10,000.

What do you not like about your ceiling now?

What ceilings have you liked that you have seen?

What ceilings have you definitly eliminated at this point?

and most importantly - where is Mrs. Teetorbilt? Is she available to discuss the ceiling? I really need to speak with both of you at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts