Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Remodeler
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

has anyone installed (any kind of) ceiling molding in a log home against the irregular wall logs? I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have. I had to cover over the original ceiling with 3/8 sheetrock. Now I need to cover the (irregular) ceiling to log corner with some kind of molding.

Thank you!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
fsteyer said:
Hi -

has anyone installed (any kind of) ceiling molding in a log home against the irregular wall logs? I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have. I had to cover over the original ceiling with 3/8 sheetrock. Now I need to cover the (irregular) ceiling to log corner with some kind of molding.

Thank you!
Don you have to cover the whole ceiling? Or some kind of crown moulding?

The whole ceiling there is this material that covers the whole ceiling and goes on like wallpaper. Never used it but seen the product and I thought is was quality.

I it so irregular that crown would be difficult then try picture moulding. Typically held 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch down from the ceiling.

But really this is worthless without pics.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Pop a line a few inches down from the cieling all around the room, take a rotozip with a 3/4 inch router bit along the line, you may need several passes and it helps to screw a guide to the wall. Then fit a 1x in the slot using a straight line, glue and very slim shims to create a straight platform for nailing crown or cieling trim.

Works for windows and doors and base trim also.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts