Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what to charge to install a ceiling fan in a two story family room? First floor and second floor of this home have 10' ceilings so I m looking at 21'. i'm definetely using scaffolding and the rough in is ready so there is nothing to do there. thanks

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
This will not end well.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
I'm surprised arealplumber hasn't answered this one. :shutup:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
What fan? A room that size should have one of the double ended type.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I suppose the installation costs might depend some on the fan being installed. One of those 24" fans from HD would probably be cheaper than one of the 20' Big Ass Fans

http://www.bigassfans.com/

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would charge the regular fan install price, and then add in a scaffold charge. For the scaffold charge, even if you own a scaffold, charge what it would cost to rent one for the day, and then add in your hours for set-up / tear down. Any ceiling I can't get to with a 12' ladder gets a scaffold charge.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
.....Any ceiling I can't get to with a 12' ladder gets a scaffold charge.
Same here, but a 10' step is what I normally carry on the van. I have a 12' step and a 21' Little Giant Skyscraper, so I charge accordingly to get those out.

Reactions: JChili

·
Steve
317 Posts
You can rent a 16 Ft step ladder for about $40 a day, I charge time to pick up the ladder, a helper to get the damn thing inside at set up, fan install with extra half hour for up and down big ladder and time to take ladder down and return. Yes, the earlier answer in jest of $350 is about correct, maybe $400 to hang a $99 fan. Clients love it.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.