Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
I eat sawdust.
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working on finishing this.

A company from the island came over and did the timberframing. Roof is done except for some small details.

I was contacted by the architect/owner to help finish.

Will be doing flashing, sealing, wrapping, cedar bevel siding, partition walls, tiling, and trim.

Will post progress pics for those interested.

The back of the house will be glass. Front of the home is SIP (structural insulated panel) walls.

All of the Cedar is old growth, it is all prefinished and was from a nature reserve where the trees blew down and the elk wouldn't return because of the mess with the trees.

All of the beams, rafters and columns are built-up from 2x cedar and fastened together with GRKs.

See more pictures on our facebook album, I will be taking more with a better camera as well.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Keep those pics comin', man, that's a cool build! Like the beam ends in the great room...

you trimming out those interior post bases, or are they getting rock work?

Mac

·
I eat sawdust.
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep those pics comin', man, that's a cool build! Like the beam ends in the great room...

you trimming out those interior post bases, or are they getting rock work?

Mac
OSB is there around the bottoms temporary so we don't bang them up.

Don't know what we're going to do with trim yet, gotta get the place sealed up real good and then wrap, and siding before we get to that. The architect (it's his own home) probably hasn't even decided what he wants to do for trim yet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks very cool, top notch work. I cant wait to see finished pics.

I love timberframes

Reactions: Winchester

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Right on! Hey guy, would you describe the circled beam end covers?
Is that two piece metal cap wrapping the complete end? Maybe a close up pic next time you're onsite... :thumbsup:

Mac

Attachments

·
I eat sawdust.
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right on! Hey guy, would you describe the circled beam end covers?
Is that two piece metal cap wrapping the complete end? Maybe a close up pic next time you're onsite... :thumbsup:

Mac
Yeah, it's 2 pieces.
The beam end is wrapped and then a drip cap on top

I'll try to remember to get a close up

1 - 20 of 48 Posts