Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a cakewalk for you younger guys but it's giving me a fit.
I'm trying to get 25 photos from a Walgreen's CD to Yahoo! Photos.
So far I have an album at Yahoo! for them to go into, likewise a folder in My Photos (empty) and I have downloaded them onto my hard drive at least 3 times (folder E:\DCIM*******) that I have found using Search. I cannot seem to get the Yahoo upload wizard to work even with all of the Norton stuff disabled.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hmm. If I understand this right you're trying to upload the pictures directly from the camera or memory card?

Are you using a Kodak camera? Or are the folders just named the same. When I have my SD card in, "my computer" will show a drive G(I'm assuming this is your drive E) I then selct all the pictures-either by edit-select all or by clicking the first pic, holding down the shift key and clicking the last pic.

Then just move all the pictures to a folder I have on my desktop(I call it "new pics for staging" where I then put it into the right folder. From there you can either FTP it or use Yahoo's upload software.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben, please re-read my post. Walgreens is a local drugstore where I had the 35mm film developed and put on disk. The software on the disk doesn't seem to do what it is supposed to do, it gets the images to my hard drive but leaves me no clue as to where to find them. I can find them in Search which tells me that they are on drive E, supposedly my DVD drive. Yahoo! upload software is not working either, unless I am missing something and I am sure that I am, I just don't know what.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
What is the format of the images on the Wlagreen's CD? Is it a format that you can open directly (without the Walgreens application) from Windows Explorer? If so, I'd use Windows Explorer to copy the images directly from the CD to your desired PC folder and then transfer them to Yahoo! I don't know anything about how to get them to Yahoo! Can you drag and drop them there?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick, I hadn't considered Explorer and not sure how to go about it. The Walgreen's software opens every time the disk is started. I'm not sure how to get this to an Explorer folder and, yes, Yahoo is drag and drop if I can open the folder to drag from.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Rick, I hadn't considered Explorer and not sure how to go about it.
Assuming your using some recent version of windows, Explorer.exe can be opened by "right clicking" the start button and selecting 'explore'. This will give you a view of your computer's disks and folders. With the walgreen's disk in the drive bay, and the software closed, open Explorer and then find the CD drive amongst the list of drives and folders. Expand the CD drive display (by clicking its name or icon) to reveal its folder / file contents. See if you can find the images and go from there.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grumpy, I haven't reached the upload stage yet.
I'm going to continue this tomorrow. Y'all don't even know all of the peripheral headaches that I have been going through. The phone company has been out here for the 3rd time this week, they fix it and then someone further down the line unfixes it. They fix the cell towers and my phone has to be reprogrammed every time. Power is on and then it's off. Roads are open and then closed for debris pickup. The newcomers, the majority of the population, think that this should all be done by now. Little do they know that we're only about 1/3 the way through. We're about 2 yrs. away from being normal again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts