Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
ProWallGuy said:
Anyone got any good recommendations for a new cd writer/burner.
Mine is just about to shoot craps.
Heard good things about the ones made by Sony.
I as well have heard good things of sony. A site you might want to check out but probably already know about is http://www.newegg.com/index.asp?DEPA=0&CMP=KNC-overturesmx&ATT=homepage

Great prices on anything you want. If you dont mind waiting a few days for shipping. I have to look for a new harddrive soon as well. :( Sometimes it makes noises like its going to go into orbit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most brands are good these days. Some might not work in your specific computer. Not all computers can take all types they are picky sometimes.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
I've been stuck on TEAC drives ever since my machines had 8" floppies. They're certainly cheap enough. About 30 bucks for an internal CD read/writer. Like Canada said, I don't think that any brands currently for sale are notoriously bad. The technology has been out plenty long enough for all the manufacturers to refine their products.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Okay, but when you install it I expect you to comply with my company's standards. You are therefore required to have OSHA regulation clothing, including workboots. You must wear a hardhat and safety gasses. Don't forget adequate lighting.

:cheesygri

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GCMan said:
Okay, but when you install it I expect you to comply with my company's standards. You are therefore required to have OSHA regulation clothing, including workboots. You must wear a hardhat and safety gasses. Don't forget adequate lighting.

:cheesygri
Gcman, I did the deed last night. I was still in my whites and boots. My wife was in the room as I did the delicate tech-surgery, and she qualifies for hard-head, but no hard hat. As for the gasses, never any trouble brewing up that, my train is consistently on time. Adequate lighting was provided by Mini-Maglite. :Thumbs:

As for the new hardware, my pc is smokin' 'fast with the new memory, and I'm burning cd's faster than kudzu can grow in the hot Georgia sun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts