Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing some moldings in one of my costumers fireplace, and decided to be nice and caulk it for them, anyway, everytime i caulk something they complain about it and say its messy!! How in the world can you make it not so messy? I don't think i'm that bad!

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,651 Posts
Good caulking is almost an art; takes a lot of practice to do it well. But the best way is to avoid the need for doing it at all.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Wet your index finger with your mouth, and run it along the caulk line...:thumbup:...wipe and repeat as necessary

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i wet my finger, used a rag, and wiped it, the moldings were primed, but weren't painted, so i figured the owner would have to do that themselves, so i didn't do my best job, anyway, i think i'm doing it right, but i can't seem to get into those hard to reach spots with the caulking gun.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,651 Posts
Wet your index finger with your mouth, and run it along the caulk line...:thumbup:...wipe and repeat as necessary
That, sir, was in very bad taste. :laughing:

I sometimes wonder if we're all going to wind up like the women who licked the paintbrushes when applying radium to clock faces...

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
That, sir, was in very bad taste. :laughing:

I sometimes wonder if we're all going to wind up like the women who licked the paintbrushes when applying radium to clock faces...
Hasssn'ttt deflected meee at all
been duing itmfor lotsa years nuw.....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts