Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Job we're on both door openings in the hay loft are completely gone, but hey they had caulk how could this have happened?:whistling Lol damnit supposed to be a picture with this. Internet 1 me 0, hold that thought.....

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

this is our repair on the other side, rot was all the way to the barn doors below, 4 2x10x12 header rotted door jamb, and casing around the upper door. Buildings probably 15 years old.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i need to install a drip cap on the door so any water that runs down it goes off, wont matter because she still doesnt close the door. Some pics from the addition we're putting on this building.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
You know what they say, "Faulk it, caulk it".

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Well, I don't want to ruin your parade but that is one fugly building. Of course, I come from Flint, Michigan so I can't really talk.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not my job to determine whats ugly and not, this is what she wants so that makes me happy. All the doors, she wanted windows to the floor but code said no to that so she went with all doors instead. Plans to have a deck across the front that im not sure i want any part of. Besides the back being about a 50 degree angle this was all fill from when they built the original building. Footer ditch was full of some big goonies that will be a blast to dig post holes around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts