Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.metalflowersmedia.com

I received a telephone call from this television production company and they are looking for jobs they can film where the contractors did bad work, ripped the customers, or whatever.

They are making a televisions series and will pay to have the homeowner's job repaired for free for the privilage to produce the story.

I am not sure what states they are working in, but California for sure. If you are interested and can't find the phone number you can pm me because I don't think I can post it on the forum. You may be able to get some free advertising and be the hero that does the repairs which you will get paid for.

Now, I'm wondering why they called me looking for bad jobs.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
They should run a ad on Craigs List. :laughing:
There are good contractors and bad contractors on craigslist, just like there are good contractors and bad contractors in your local newspaper, in the phone book, etc. I believe it is like any other profession. We all know doctors who have phucked people up, lawyers that ripped people off. It just seems everyone wants to highlight crooked and hack contractors, probably because of the obvious visual results

·
Owner of Incredible Home
5 Posts
I know many may see this as a bad thing...more bad contractor PR, just adding fuel to the fire that every homeowner/potential client already thinks that most contractors are crooks. But take a look at it from another angle. You will seem like a shining star, barely having to do anything aside from being honest, professional and courteous. Their preconceived notion that every contractor is a thief has set the bar so low, that you will blow them away! (if you are an honest and professional contractor that is!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.