Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok gentleman so here it goes machine won't start by the key only on rare occasions but if I jump the starter she fires right up . Bench tested the starter is ok ,battery tested that's ok so bought new ignition switch because the it would hang up and the key was loose thought maybe that was it nope wrong again any help would be greatly appreciated .

·
Contractor
7,433 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue.

If you are not getting voltage to the trigger side of the solenoid, there may be a bad connection between switch and solenoid.

I would check for continuity on that circuit, then check power coming to the switch.

Could simply be a poor connection.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that's what I was thinking gonna check it tomorrow and see thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

Sounds like a wiring issue.

If you are not getting voltage to the trigger side of the solenoid, there may be a bad connection between switch and solenoid.

I would check for continuity on that circuit, then check power coming to the switch.

Could simply be a poor connection.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am gonna test some things tomorrow with the meter and see where I end up if not I'm calling the mechanic in town I have work to do and don't want to look like Sanford and son jumping my machine out every time I need to start it I'll let you guys know where I end up but keep the input coming thanks

neutral safety or other lockout switch, ????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts