Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys put cash in your christmas cards to property managers and decision makers.

I would advise against giving gifts to government employees.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
Sending cash is just way to TABOO.:thumbdown

·
Registered
917 Posts
if you put cash in the card one of two things will happen:

1. "Oh cool, NAV gave me $20 what a nice guy"
or
2. "WTF, $20, thanks for the HUGE gift as*hole, see if I work hard for you anymore"

which is why nobody gets anything in christmas cards unless they are siblings, or younger family

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For my better customers i usually give $50 to $150 in cash or gift cards. I think they appreciate it and I am sure it helps a little when it comes to getting more work. It's really no different than tickets to a Cavs or Tribe game - I refuse to give Browns tickets to good customers.

the cards are hand delivered, not mailed.

I was just wondering how many people give back to their customers during the holidays.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i joined barter exchange and was able to purchase gift baskets with such things as coffee, or cheese, or wine. I bought several large ones for people that have been on my referral list and I know they are the primary reason that people have bought from me. It also gives me a chance to see these customers and see if they want me to remove them from my reference list because they have gotten to many calls.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We send gift baskets to our good customers.

We also send baskets to architect firms that give us work. I often wonder what is proper when dealing with other companies that give you work.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
We send gift baskets to our good customers.

We also send baskets to architect firms that give us work. I often wonder what is proper when dealing with other companies that give you work.
I was thinking about that very thing this afternoon. I think it would be well receipted. Kind of like a "thank you/merry Christmas" but better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
o further comment on the basket, that is what we have done now (well going on the three year) it has been a great success. After talking with different individuals, they like the baskets because they seem them as personal and not just cash they like the fact that is meaningful and someone did not just pull out there check book and a pen.

And we write it off has a business expense :thumbsup:

I send cards out to all pass clients and will some times through a discount card for different services that we offer.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
o further comment on the basket, that is what we have done now (well going on the three year) it has been a great success. After talking with different individuals, they like the baskets because they seem them as personal and not just cash they like the fact that is meaningful and someone did not just pull out there check book and a pen.

And we write it off has a business expense :thumbsup:

I send cards out to all pass clients and will some times through a discount card for different services that we offer.

Hope this helps.
Hey Kellems, welcome to CT. Thanks for filling out your profile, it helps us help you whenever possible. You'll love this site! Just a hint, go to the introductions section and do a short bio about your trade, business, etc.

Getting your name out in the intro section will help you...honest.

Welcome again!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do a little of everything.

Architects office's gets a fruit basket or something along those lines so the whole office can see it.

Building Dept gets a basket

Building super/engineer and porters get a card with some greenbacks. (service elevator seems to work better this way when working in the city)

Accountant likes the Johnny Walker Blue

And I keep a case of good wine in the truck for who ever you may run across.

Christmas party for all the subs and a fishing trip in the summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Kellems, welcome to CT. Thanks for filling out your profile, it helps us help you whenever possible. You'll love this site! Just a hint, go to the introductions section and do a short bio about your trade, business, etc.

Getting your name out in the intro section will help you...honest.

Welcome again!:thumbsup:
Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I was unaware of that, I will go give a short bio about my self.

Thank you,

After looking around I think this is a great advice with a lot of great information.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do a little of everything.

Architects office's gets a fruit basket or something along those lines so the whole office can see it.

Building Dept gets a basket

Building super/engineer and porters get a card with some greenbacks. (service elevator seems to work better this way when working in the city)

Accountant likes the Johnny Walker Blue

And I keep a case of good wine in the truck for who ever you may run across.

Christmas party for all the subs and a fishing trip in the summer.
A case of wine, never thought about that makes a lot of since though.

I should have that ready, and I live in the heart of Sonoma County, California.

Thanks, for the tips

1 - 18 of 18 Posts