Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres one of my favorites. Its not done to bad but still a big waste of money.
Home House Property Building Roof

There's two trailers in there. Dont believe me? Look at this view.
Home Property House Siding Roof
See them now.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Those are some dumb ass looking dormers though.
I think thats a third trailer... Perhaps they just left it there after the last tornado came through?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the first trailer (right screen) and one block section was done first with a shingle roof over both (its still under there). Then at some point in time they decided to add another trailer and block building. Then a massive metal roof over the whole thing.:blink: And no extra footings or blocking around the perimeter of the trailers.:no:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Heres probably the best one ,or worst depending on how you look at it, ive seen yet.
Home House Property Roof Siding
Single wide 14x70 under the back half of this monstrosity.
They did however build the back wall all the way to the ground with foundation. I kinda wondered why the back door jamb was 8" thick. Then I looked in the crawl door, yep theres the frame and wheels.

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
When my grandparents bought the house that they are in now, there was a trailer on the property. They listed it in the free column. The guy that came to get it told us that this would be the 4th free trailer that he has drug home, and he is thinking about using this one to make his house a 2 story. No joke.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The one above had me fooled too, inside and out. Till I noticed the 8" thick back door jamb, and of course the frame underneath. The whole end of the trailer was still exposed in the storage area in the garage too.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A buddy of mine told me about one he saw. I wish I had a pic or even saw it myself. He said it was a triple wide tri-level stair steped down a hillside connected by 4 foot hall ways. He said it would'nt have been so bad if they had not have used 3 differnt size and style trailers.
The next pictures I have get worse, much much worse.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not sure if I get the point of doing this? Would it not just be easier to build a house, instead of trying to cobble together something around a metal box? Or is this a way of avoiding permits or something?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts