Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My client has a 'Robinet' wall-mount tub faucet & the cartridge is in need of replacing. I can't find anything via Google about this make other than something in Argentina and there is no info about parts/spares on their website. None of the local stores have ever heard of this make.
Does anyone know if there is another more popular make which would have an interchangeable cartridge? It doesn't have a regular 'O' ring so much as a gasket that looks a bit like the outline of a very small hand bag which fits in to a cavity of the same shape on the end of the cartridge :rolleyes: The local plumbing wholesaler just laughed when I showed them the old one!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok perhaps the make is Rubenit then (with a 'U' not an 'O') ... that's a brand the store you posted have. The righting was about 1mm high and upside down so I may have misread ;-)

Thanks.

When I removed the cartridge to check the condition of it the weird shaped gasket fell apart (presumably that was the cause of the stiffness & squeaking). Any way, I put some silicon caulking in the recess where the gasket was as a temporary fix so that we could turn the water back on (no separate shut-off for the tub) but now there is a constant drip from the hot side when the faucet is in the off position. I am assuming this means there is either a problem with the diverter valve itself or the internals of the cartridge. Ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts