Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time that cars could go completely driverless is coming “very soon,” :clap: according to Jianxiong Xiao, CEO and founder of AutoX, a Shenzhen-based start-up developing autonomous driving technology.

The autonomous driving tech firm chose to partner with Alibaba’s AMAP — a Chinese mapping service provider — to roll out its RoboTaxi ride hailing service in Shanghai on Monday. AMAP is a “super mobility app” with almost 500 million active monthly users, according to Xiao.

Xiao said they were working with the technology to ensure the vehicles were “very, very safe” and are carrying out a lot of testing.

“Our goal is not to just make (it) as safe as human beings, but going one step forward to really make ... a superhuman safety standard; (cars) that (can) drive much safer than any human being ever,” Xiao said.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Uh, yeah. I'm going to trust Chinese self driving cars.

I know there is a joke in there somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Artist and not a curator
10,624 Posts
I'm already game for it on highway drives. The faster the better. Bring it on.
Yep, driving with the kids up to NC on Thursday. I don't mind a good long drive but I enjoy it with just my wife and I. On long road trips with the kids it's nice to be able to sit and hangout with them but I'm always on driver duty.

Not the Chinese one though. I could drive a few more vacations and wait for the American one, hah.

·
Registered
Custom
12,618 Posts
Yep, driving with the kids up to NC on Thursday. I don't mind a good long drive but I enjoy it with just my wife and I. On long road trips with the kids it's nice to be able to sit and hangout with them but I'm always on driver duty.

Not the Chinese one though. I could drive a few more vacations and wait for the American one, hah.
You might want to consider checking into flights right now... BIL just did $89 RT Newark to Florida...

Give you a lot more time for vacation, less stress and kids get to fly... :thumbsup:

At that price, kinda' diminishes that whole auto-drive thing... :laughing:

Course if you really want to auto-drive and not have to worry about it, there's always the train... :w00t:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts