Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out today with the wife at a few stores, so I bought a few winter type clothing items. Among the things I got were a few Carrhart shirts. I like Carrhart's stuff not necessarily to support the union garment worker, but to support America. I was surprised to read the tag on the one shirt when I got it home that it was made in Hong Kong. What gives? How long has some Carrhart stuff been made in Hong Kong?

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Carhart has their line, as well as a forein made line that is more cost competive, if you go to their website it will tell you what is US made and what is imported.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carhart has their line, as well as a forein made line that is more cost competive, if you go to their website it will tell you what is US made and what is imported.
Okay, that makes sense. I was just surprised to get a little of each at the same store.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Okay, that makes sense. I was just surprised to get a little of each at the same store.
Some of the shirts and jeans are made overseas, but all of their outerwear, jackets etc. is made here. A lot of retailers will stock as much of the foreign made line as they can to offer lower prices, and fill in the rest of their selection with US made stuff.

You can buy the US made stuff directly from Carrhart online, that is how I buy it, but you will pay a little more for it, and pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've been to Hong Kong.. I have no idea where the hell they would set up a factory for manufacturing anything. It's too small!

I know some stuff gets made in China and brought through Hong Kong and stamped made in HK..

My inlaws are going back there on Monday.. hopefully they'll bring me some more 'replica' watches :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
:mad:
Now that's just sad. What's next, my Danner's made in Taiwan?
:sad:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
For the most part I have quit buying their stuff. it used to fit great now not so much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts