Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Carpenter jobs in Jacksonville Florida?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bweikel 
#1 ·
Could anyone tell me the outlook for Carpenter Union jobs in the Northeast Florida area? Or if someone knows of an area that seems to be hiring? Also anyone know the avg pay? I'm a Master Carpenter for over 20+ years in Dayton, Ohio looking to move somewhere warmer.

#2 ·
I am from Orlando about 1and a half away from Jacksonville not to many unions in Orlando probably not in Jacksonville. When I left Orlando about 4 years ago residential carpenters were making 18 to 20 hr. Things are pretty bad down there right now good luck.

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

#3 ·
Unions south of Virginia??? Good luck

If you got experience, and can write well, a good resume may land a consulting job or estimator at the least.

To get food on the table, find some apartments with rotted wood and see if they have a need for maintanence, when they say no, just tell them you'd seen how the green wood looked like it was about to fall off and you thought you may be of help, and leave them a card. Check back in 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month.

Keep pushing it. Craigslist ads. Show up early as hell on any jobsites you see and find out who the soup is.

Good luck dude.
I been on that end of the coast. It's tough labor wise.
Once you get a job, or a 9-5, it's nice weather and great views though.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.