Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Crow Contracting Company -

Just thought I would share a very simple little project that we had come up for this week. I very much enjoyed it, the clients were one of the coolest couples I have ever worked for, very down to earth, and fun to be around.
I didn't take any before pictures, which I am kicking myself for, I fogot the camera at the office.

It was just a simple built in bookcase/ cd case that had several 32" shelves, with adjustable verticle track, very old and unsightly.

It was definetly time for a new look. :thumbsup:

These are not finished pictures, the HO is going to finish priming, and painting it. I will be going back to assit him with routing his component cables, power cables, etc.

As with all my clients, my job is to make sure they are happy, get what they want, and I give them the best possible finished product that their budget will allow.

Mission accomplished....:cool2:

I hope to post the finished pictures in the near future. James Crow

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Looks pretty good, bro:thumbsup:. It's kinda hard to see the true potential. Can't get past the kitchen clutter and knick-knacks on the table and such. :eek:

Nicely built, though.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks pretty good, bro:thumbsup:. It's kinda hard to see the true potential. Can't get past the kitchen clutter and knick-knacks on the table and such. :eek:

Nicely built, though.
The HO's wife got a new refrigerator, and the husband got the tv. My first job was to cut 1/2" off the counter top soo the fridge would fit. :thumbsup:

Most of the stuff on the table was stuff they had on top of the old fridge, and on the old shelving, I think.

It took me a few to figure that one out when I first seen it, lol.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work. Looks rock solid.

I'm curious why you didn't use a better grade of ply for the casework? Did you consider a poplar or birch veneer ply?
Funny you should say that, my first instinct was to use poplar 1x's.

My camera takes poor pictures. The back wallboard inserts are 1/4" sanded finish grade ply, the tv mount area is 3/4" sanded finish grade ply on top of 2x3 studs, and the rest of the outside casing, and shelving was select 1x's ripped on the table saw as needed.

I considered and picked my materials carefully, and I actually am pretty impressed with the quality of lumber I found. I never guessed I would be able to find really nice pine like I did. Soo ultimately I felt it was the best suited material, while being easy on the HO's pocket book.

Stain grade, I would have totally changed things up. Being primed, and painted it seemed suitable.

The pictures really do not serve it any justice, just gives the general idea I guess.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wasn't criticizing at all. Looks good.

It's a shame the kitchen is a Charlie Foxtrot mess... :whistling
No problem, just explaining. I appreciate the compliments.

Hopefully the kitchen area, etc. will be all straightened up when I go back to get the finished pictures.

I just neglect my web presence severly, and decided to share today.

You do beautiful work Chris, and your opinion(s) matters to me. :thumbsup:

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't be taking any pictures of my house then!!:laughing:

Nice 1/2" birch ply is not that expensive.
It paints really nice, nicer than any sanded ply I have ever had to paint.

:laughing:

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not criticizing the work because it looks beautiful, but please tell me that there is a future in hiding the cords draping across the front.
Definetly, we have a game plan, just needs executed. New Years Delay,..:shifty:

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I wonder why an electrician wasn't included in this project. There should have been a receptacle installed behind the tv and a conduit to where-ever the video feed comes from.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I wonder why an electrician wasn't included in this project. There should have been a receptacle installed behind the tv and a conduit to where-ever the video feed comes from.

#1 Reason is because I work for the HO, and with the HO to meet their wants, and desires.

I tried selling the HO on an added receptacle, etc. He wouldn' have it, sooo I moved on.

The HO is tickled to death, he is a computer guru, and a designer. Already bought wireless equipment, etc.

The HO got exactly what he wanted. His exact words were "This is exactly what I had pictured in my mind".

And their having me back soon for more projects,...:clap:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
#1 Reason is because I work for the HO, and with the HO to meet their wants, and desires.

I tried selling the HO on an added receptacle, etc. He wouldn' have it, sooo I moved on.

The HO is tickled to death, he is a computer guru, and a designer. Already bought wireless equipment, etc.

The HO got exactly what he wanted. His exact words were "This is exactly what I had pictured in my mind".

And their having me back soon for more projects,...:clap:

Looks real nice crow:thumbup: I run into jobs like that too sometimes, some HO's want what they want. You gotta give the customer what they want!:thumbup:

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts