Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great. Funny you posted this, I was just about to ask everyone how they usually go about covering half rounds. I have a job coming up that has a similar window and all the rest of the trim will be covered in brake metal. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,713 Posts
Fypon or something similar? I assume the shadow is caused by a flash or other lighting and the inside of the molding is not tapered on the lower edges.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Looks great. Funny you posted this, I was just about to ask everyone how they usually go about covering half rounds. I have a job coming up that has a similar window and all the rest of the trim will be covered in brake metal. Thoughts?
Azek sheet goods. Make whatever you want.:thumbsup:

Attachments

Reactions: Hand Drive

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
Loneframer: I have seen those pics of your house in the siding chronicles. The 2nd floor overhanging the first always seems a bit odd. Do you think adding some brackets at each corner would enhance the look?

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Loneframer: I have seen those pics of your house in the siding chronicles. The 2nd floor overhanging the first always seems a bit odd. Do you think adding some brackets at each corner would enhance the look?
Eventually, the corners will get the same detail as the garage corners. I also intend to do a frieze board under the soffit. At that point, I'd like to fashion some brackets, or corbels if you will, to give some detail to the underside of the overhangs. Gotta do door and window surrounds as well as replacement windows on the first floor. Probably looking at 3K worth of plastic, plus windows, so it's been put on hold for awhile.:whistling

·
Registered
183 Posts
I also need to see a close up. I have been using a brake for a long time and iI dont see how you can do that on a brake.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Whenever I have wrapped a half round it is with two flat pieces, no bends. Face is traced and cut and face nailed ( )( ) . The out is from a rip and sticks out 1/4" or so past the face to run caulk down. I've never loved the way the turned out, but they passed inspection more than once.

Poisgo,

You must tell us how you did this, because it looks really good, and if there are bends, HOW??????

Here's one of three I did years ago. It took more than two pieces though.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think he wants to keep us all in suspense. I would do it the same as you grob62. Luckily we dont get many calls for doing that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts