Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any suggestions on how to cap a house with an 8 pitch in front and a 2 pitch rubber roof in the back, with out having any leaks?

Working on this now. open to idea's or past experience.

All Pro Roofer :confused: :confused:

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
I'll light a candle for you

good luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
8 to a 2 pitch

explain a little better if you could it sounds like one i just got done with and i will try to be of some help if i can

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The way that comes to mind would be to just adhere the 2/12 side shingles with some kind of compatible sealant. That way you are not nailing on the low pitch. Presuming you lapped the 'rubber' roof over the front, the capping is just asthectics ( bad spelling I know ) another way is to just apply the capping on the 8 side
2/12 is still a fair amount of pitch, I have seen a few shingle applications on 2/12 with nailed ridge caps, roofs 15-20 years old

You never mentioned what kind of material is on the 8/12 side

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
Im with red cedar.....shingle it up, ridge it to the low slope (if there is ridge on the ends) and overlap the rubber over the top courses and ridge away. You could even lay a 7" seam tape to nail the ridge through on the rubber side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AllProRoofer said:
Are there any suggestions on how to cap a house with an 8 pitch in front and a 2 pitch rubber roof in the back, with out having any leaks?

Working on this now. open to idea's or past experience.

All Pro Roofer :confused: :confused:
Thank you for all of the idea's , I will see how it works out, and let you all know. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts