Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the bostich. Grabbed it one day cause its the only one sold around here. It's kind of awkward and heavy. But it's the only one I've ever used so I don't know how that compares to others. And somehow I always end up with a ton of caps around and no staples.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a Stinger 3/8 cap stapler for syn. roof underlay. Works ok but sometimes you pull a string caps when they wont cut apart, don't know if its tool / caps or way hold it sometimes. Way more secure than staples only and faster than hand nailing underlay.

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
I have the Button Kap brand stapler, and the nailer. Neither one has worked for me in the last five years. I gave up and returned to had capping.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
We've had good luck with the bostich. They do need repaired about once a year. I complained and they sent a whole box of the replacement parts I needed.

I also tried the hitatchi but don't like the coils of caps

·
Registered
852 Posts
Been using the hitachi for 4 years. Regular amount of repair I would say. We run about 40 boxes of caps and nails a year through it. Ended up purchasing a second one recently as they have been discontinued and mine was in for repair.
I only buy the hitachi brand nails though. The knock offs have given me tons of problems and winter time is even worse for them. They are extremely expensive nails, and gun, but doing houses with all foam board exterior is well worth it to me. I figure it's 3x faster to gun them than handnail

·
Registered
51 Posts
We use stingers.
They're ok. Have some quirks. They're better now than they were a few years ago.

We use the auto loading version. The trigger version was a little more reliable at first but then the triggers start getting really stiff.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I use the Bostitch.All my guns are Senco except for this cap stapler.Worked flawlessly for three boxes of 5000 and now the caps don't want to shoot right.Get a lot of staples with no caps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We use the grip rite cap stapler. 1/2" crown 5/8 length staples. I like how small it is. I also like that the staples are laser welded together. Holds same amount of staples as caps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts