Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not a pro but I do most of my own construction on my house. My question is we are planning on going out over our "office" approx 10x12 room . Joists run from front of house towards back of house for that room so going out the back will be easy I plan on sistering the current 2x10's full length and create my 2ft cantilever that way then when I get 4 ft. From the gable side I plan to cantilever out that side as well cutting 6ft 2x10's with joist hangers on 16" centers. When I get as far towards the back as possible with the gable side joists do I just run 1 2x10 on a 45 to create the corner to secure rim joists to?

Hopefully it makes sense to someone... Lol

Thanks
Chris

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,441 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.