Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i try to post a picture with my post it says that it failed or i do not have a security token or code. What is going on?

thanks ..nicko

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
seems to work ok...

what kind of 'puter you using?

Attachments

·
spazman
707 Posts
I used to be able to post pictures with my Samsung phone but haven’t been able to since I switched to an iPhone. I think that I have seen people on CT say that iPhone picture files are to big and to downsize the file. I don’t know how to do that. Can anyone walk this tech challenged guy through the process please?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to be able to post pictures with my Samsung phone but haven’t been able to since I switched to an iPhone. I think that I have seen people on CT say that iPhone picture files are to big and to downsize the file. I don’t know how to do that. Can anyone walk this tech challenged guy through the process please?
I haven’t tried on my iPhone just my Mac and iPad. I have posted pics in the past from my Mac.

Nicko

·
spazman
707 Posts
That apple crap is your problem...:whistling
I have been impressed with the durability of my iPhone. The Samsung’s battery only seemed to last about as long as the contract it was under and the charging ports and cords were crap.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,212 Posts
If file size is actually the problem, my app of choice is Irfanview, available free at www.irfanview.com.

Open the file in Irfanview, resize it to something like 1024x768 and save it. Then try uploading that file.

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
I have been impressed with the durability of my iPhone. The Samsung’s battery only seemed to last about as long as the contract it was under and the charging ports and cords were crap.
We have had nothing but samsung since about 2002.

No problems with them at all.

·
spazman
707 Posts
We have had nothing but samsung since about 2002.

No problems with them at all.
The Samsung flip phones were great and never gave me any problems. Their smartphones were easy to customize the ringtones and sounds. It was the charging port that would wear and get loose. I would have to buy a new charging cord every few months

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
Had my samsung smartphone for 3 years.

Same charger, truck and home as the day i got it.

·
GC/carpenter
40,969 Posts
Been using Apple iPhone X and never have to resize them. I'm using Tapatalk.

Mike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a picture format setting ( .hte) that iphone uses out of the box. The picture format isn't as versatile as .jpg, you may have to go into settings & change to jpg.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,212 Posts
Been using Apple iPhone X and never have to resize them. I'm using Tapatalk.
Tapatalk doesn't upload images to the site when you post them, just links to its server. File size isn't a problem with images hosted elsewhere.

·
GC/carpenter
40,969 Posts
Tapatalk doesn't upload images to the site when you post them, just links to its server. File size isn't a problem with images hosted elsewhere.

I have no issues loading images with Tapatalk. In fact just before I hit send it ask me if I want to use the original size.

Mike.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,212 Posts
I have no issues loading images with Tapatalk. In fact just before I hit send it ask me if I want to use the original size.
My point is, the reason you have no trouble is that you're not uploading those files to CT. You're sending them to Tapatalk's hosting site, and your post just contains links to the images.

The forum has never had trouble with images posted that way--I always used Photobucket until they got greedy.

When you actually upload the image file to CT is where things sometimes get squirrelly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts