Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! My name is Yuriy, I am new here and also in tile business. I've learned how to do everything with tile working in one tile company, but now I started to work for myself and the most difficult part for me in tile setting business is estimating. PLEASE, CAN YOU HELP ME? All I need is if somebody email me his estimate for a job for floor, shower, fireplace, warm floor, shower pan, and anything else will be a really BIG help to me. I thank you all in advance. Yuriy.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Yuriy, Pricing questions are really frowned upon here.
Basically, you need to figure all your costs. Materials, Travel time, clean up etc. Figure how many hours to do the job. Don't forget prep. Multiply hours by your hourly rate & add your P&O. Assuming you are a contractor, but I think not.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
All I need is if somebody email me his estimate for a job for floor, shower, fireplace, warm floor, shower pan, and anything else will be a really BIG help to me.
If somebody where to do that (I doubt anyone will) it would not be very much help.

What if the estimate was from someone with much lower overhead costs than you?Maybe they only pay their helpers 8.00 an hour and you pay 15.00.Maybe their truck is paid off and you have a 400.00 a month payment.What if where they live WC and insurance is not required but it is where you live?

You must do what griz said and figure out all of your costs and come up with your own price...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.