Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer that has the normal 2 outside garage lights on a timer at night. After the timer is off, she asked me if these lights could then be set up as motion(security) lights. I know I would have to use a remote motion sensor, but am not sure how the wiring would be done. Any ideas? thanks Stephen

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You need to install a N/O relay. When the timer switches off, current willl flow to the sensor.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Stephen, if you're the handy sort, I can draw you a pictorial diagram for you to hook up a normally open relay arrangement like Teetor is talking about. If you were just wondering if it is technically possible, then you already have the answer... yes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mdshunk said:
Stephen, if you're the handy sort, I can draw you a pictorial diagram for you to hook up a normally open relay arrangement like Teetor is talking about. If you were just wondering if it is technically possible, then you already have the answer... yes.
First thank you for the reply. Yes if you could draw a diagram that would be great, because I have the same lights as my customer and it would be nice to have the secutity feature added without installing a separate fixture. Thanks Stephen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts