Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a thermal image tester/gun for heat loss. I would like to be able to show before and after photo's of there heat loss/gain before and after a project has been finished.

Does anyone have one, or can can recommend any?

Thanks in advance..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm looking into buying a thermal image tester/gun for heat loss. I would like to be able to show before and after photo's of there heat loss/gain before and after a project has been finished.

Does anyone have one, or can can recommend any?

Thanks in advance..:thumbsup:
Please read the recent Post in Inspections in the specialty trades here on this site..................

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
are you sure you want to know?

there is way more to know about building science than taking thermal images plus you have to be educated enough to be able to interpet them properly

you may be better off using an independent energy auditing firm,or maybe your cusomers would be better off

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for the advice, I checked out the inspector category. As for cameras I found a few that range from 3,-12000.00 including the fluke & flir. With anything comes education.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
if you do get the proper training first there are organizations your able to join that usually greatly discount the equipment you need to it's members

i really think you should talk with a energy auditing co.
if nothing else so you can familiarize yourself with the right way to it and analyze the results and make recomedations

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,679 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts