Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this? We're doing some minor repairs on a clients roof as part of a major remodel. Only need a 1/3 square of roofing to complete the job but it's being a real thorn in my side! :blink:

The color in the photo is dang near close to real life. Light blue with a hint of yellow speckles (up close) on the light parts of the shingles, and a medium gray with the same blue speckled in on the darker side. Local roofing suppliers haven't shown me anything like this. Roof is at least 5-6 years old and some fading has occurred.

ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
That looks like a 3 tab which is patterned to look architectural. Am I right?

If so I haven't seen one of those in years, since so many have been replaced. They were major failures. Around here Globe made 'em.

My advice is show the customer the available colors and have him make a decision. NEVER make a color decision for a customer veen if you think the color is a perfect match. I've got in alot of trouble doing that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Grumpy!

You're absolutely right. It's 3 tab made to look like architectural. Thanks for the suggestion about the colors. we'll probably have to go that route and have the client pick. Still hoping I can track down something close!

·
Superior Firepower
5,089 Posts
Can anyone identify this? We're doing some minor repairs on a clients roof as part of a major remodel. Only need a 1/3 square of roofing to complete the job but it's being a real thorn in my side! :blink:

The color in the photo is dang near close to real life. Light blue with a hint of yellow speckles (up close) on the light parts of the shingles, and a medium gray with the same blue speckled in on the darker side. Local roofing suppliers haven't shown me anything like this. Roof is at least 5-6 years old and some fading has occurred.

ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbup:

Thanks!
Slate

·
Lets Experiment
22 Posts
Its not a Horizon Shingle I dont see a shadow line
all Horizons have a gloss black shadow line. I think
Grumpy right with Globe. You wont find a match
for that. but good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts