Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start by saying, I have always avoided mobile homes period, but this is an old high school friend who hollered at me this morning, so I'm hoping for a quicker answer than Monday when the offices are open, normally I just tell folks I don't touch mobile homes.....hence why I have no clue about this.

He was rebuilding a front porch/deck and a guy from California Dept of Housing Community Development stopped him, for no permit. He's repairing more than allowed without a permit. He didn't cite him apparently, but left him with a building permit application via Housing Community Development in Sacramento and stated he'd be back this week.

My question, because this is a mobile home...does this really need to be permitted through HCD of Sacramento or can he just get permitted through the City of Vacaville like any other residential project? Anyone know? TIA

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
If the mobile home is in a park HCD has jurisdiction.

If on a lot/acreage seems there was something about whether or not it was on a permanent foundation.

·
GC/carpenter
43,858 Posts
I've pulled many permits for mobile homes in Cali. Mobile homes are state regulated and you must pull your permits from your local state office. I'm sending you everything you need. It's your lucky day. Also in the link below is the accepted state standard drawing for decks and porches. You will need to fill out the plot plan sheet and pay close attention to the fire requirements for building. Also you will need to get the park management to sign and date the plans with a wet signature in red ink. Get two copies and submit with your plot plan and application. All this is in the package I'm sending you. If you have questions don't hesitate to PM me.

http://www.hcd.ca.gov/codes/mp/PorchDeckPlan.pdf

·
GC/carpenter
43,858 Posts
dsconstructs said:
Much appreciated guys, I'll take a lucky day any day it comes along :thumbsup: Thanks for that info Mike
I did notice that the plans may be cut off in that PDF I sent you, however they are available over the counter at you local office. Your very welcome, glad I could help. And good luck.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did notice that the plans may be cut off in that PDF I sent you, however they are available over the counter at you local office. Your very welcome, glad I could help. And good luck.

No worries......I did just find the local office happens to be here in my town, his is the next town over....same county.
Thanks again, have a good weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts