Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
3161 - 3180 of 3230 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good morning and happy Monday! Maybe you have insight on this. I passed both law and trade on sep 3 , immediately my application status was upgraded to “ passed law and trade exam”
Since then there’s been zero updates, nothing required by cslb. Do you think they’re just running that far behind due to the pandemic?
thanks!

·
Calif Licensing Expert
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,163 ·
Good morning and happy Monday! Maybe you have insight on this. I passed both law and trade on sep 3 , immediately my application status was upgraded to “ passed law and trade exam”
Since then there’s been zero updates, nothing required by cslb. Do you think they’re just running that far behind due to the pandemic?
thanks!
Hello,

Have you completed the Asbestos open book test online? Submitted your workers comp cert of filed the exemption? Submitted the license bond? Paid the $200 initial license fee? Have your fingerprints been completed? If yes to all of those, you would get in line for issuance on the date the last item was submitted. The issuance unit is running just shy of four weeks behind. If you want to reach out to them for a status update, send an email to [email protected].

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks!
Hello,

Have you completed the Asbestos open book test online? Submitted your workers comp cert of filed the exemption? Submitted the license bond? Paid the $200 initial license fee? Have your fingerprints been completed? If yes to all of those, you would get in line for issuance on the date the last item was submitted. The issuance unit is running just shy of four weeks behind. If you want to reach out to them for a status update, send an email to [email protected].

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

Hello,

would the initial licence fee be requested by cslb after exam? I for some reason thought they would tell me when this should be paid
Thanks a million, guru

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi License Guru! Thanks for your help earlier this year on this forum, my C-10 corp is up and running in SF thanks to your tips. Now I'm hoping to get an RMO with a General B, do you know of any good resources where I might look for people open to that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for some info/advice

so I have been in the masonry trade for 20 years. Got my start with one contractor in 2001 and worked under him until 2012. When he retired. From there I worked for another contractor to current. I have decided I wanted to branch out on my own and get my own license and business.
The problem is my current employer I find out hasn’t had a c-29 license! He is a tile guy and only has that license. But I have been doing masonry work! How do I approach the work experience with cslb? Since my first employer is almost 10 years ago?
Thank you

·
Calif Licensing Expert
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,170 ·
Looking for some info/advice

so I have been in the masonry trade for 20 years. Got my start with one contractor in 2001 and worked under him until 2012. When he retired. From there I worked for another contractor to current. I have decided I wanted to branch out on my own and get my own license and business.
The problem is my current employer I find out hasn’t had a c-29 license! He is a tile guy and only has that license. But I have been doing masonry work! How do I approach the work experience with cslb? Since my first employer is almost 10 years ago?
Thank you
Hello and welcome to CT!

You can submit 10 years of part time experience under that contractor/employer. That will equal 5 years of full time experience and you'll qualify for the state exams.

·
General Contractor B-CA
71 Posts
@License Guru/Phil, Just passed my C27 test today with the great study guides I purchased from you. Thank you for helping me with my application and great study guides.

·
General Contractor B-CA
71 Posts
@guru, have a few question that other people might find helpful. Since I have my B and soon C27, do I pay for 2 licenses every renewal? Do I need to buy another bond or need to amend old bond? Same with workers comp and GL policies.

If I want to add another trade, is it possible to use the same part time timeframe as the B and C27? Do I have to wait?

·
Calif Licensing Expert
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,179 ·
@guru, have a few question that other people might find helpful. Since I have my B and soon C27, do I pay for 2 licenses every renewal? Do I need to buy another bond or need to amend old bond? Same with workers comp and GL policies.

If I want to add another trade, is it possible to use the same part time timeframe as the B and C27? Do I have to wait?
Good morning,

Nothing will change regarding your renewal or the renewal fee, or your bond. Your workers comp policy will change because you're adding another rating to it. Check with your w/c broker for the rate change. Your G/L policy will not change but you should notify your broker in case they need to add/amend the policy to cover the new trade.

Yes, you would use can use the same part time period, but there is no guarantee that the cslb will accept it and/or allow you take that new trade exam. Remember, you can only go back 10 years from the date you apply, and part time experience must cover at least 8-10 years.

Thank you for your questions. :)

General Contractor / Truck Parts Store
162 Posts
Hello and welcome to CT!

You can submit 10 years of part time experience under that contractor/employer. That will equal 5 years of full time experience and you'll qualify for the state exams.
That is really good to know! One of our Affiliates asks us the same question a couple of days ago. Can part-time experience somehow turns in to full time.

3161 - 3180 of 3230 Posts